Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3314V Axle Wishbone Mount?

Kenzen

My job of tubing the front tires of my 3314v turned into a front end rebuild this afternoon. Upon taking the front axle out, I found the axle wishbone mount/pivot to the frame consisted of the 3/4" shaft stuffed through a mangled copper/brass bushing. The online parts diagrams for this tractor has a nut and washer identified for this connection, but there's no threads for this type of connection.

Do I possibly have an axle from another tractor installed by the PO? What's a known, practical/good way (not a nuclear grade approach) to repair/rebuild this pivot point. I can cut and weld as necessary.

Thanks,

Ken

Can you post a few pics of what you have? Sounds like it may have already had a modification (dont think a brass bushing is oem in the "wishbone socket")

Here's the mount point on the frame:

frame mount point.JPG

Here's the axle, and note the 3/4" shaft on the wishbone:

front axle.JPG

And here's the mashed up bushing I pulled out of the frame hole:

bushing.JPG

57e05de1630c8_framemountpoint.JPG.bde936afec00c8408c432163faa7342b.JPG

57e05de16c832_frontaxle.JPG.786547222dc9434d92e94eba9356b286.JPG

bushing.JPG.c54943fdec4d9c7feadd8e64e5657e3a.JPG

Kenzen,

If you go to Littlemary'a post titled "Beginning the B-10 restoration", you will find one of the more common methods for this repair within that post. Good luck, Mark

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Kenzen,If you go to Littlemary'a post titled "Beginning the B-10 restoration", you will find one of the more common methods for this repair within that post. Good luck, Mark

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks for the lead - If I can locate a short 3/4" ID length of steel pipe, this will be easy. I might even do the zerk fitting and the O-ring...Thanks!Ken