Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Barn Fresh

msiebern

Just picked this up from my uncle's estate. Auctioneer told my cousin it probably would no bring much so he called me and asked if I knew anyone who wanted or collected old Simplicities. :D

My uncle bought it new and used it as his primary mower until 3 years ago. It is not perfect, but has plenty of potential and memories.

65FR1024_zps1ef084b4.jpg

65RR1024_zps15139ef8.jpg

65RF1024_zpsc3241cfa.jpg

65LR1024_zpsf8687f7b.jpg

65LF1024_zpsdbb29d1a.jpg

65DASH1024_zps2c89f9a3.jpg

Mike,

Just goes to prove that auctioneers don't always recognize gold with a little tarnish on it. That's a nice old tractor.

She's a nice one Mike! I've seen one with those side panel pinstripes before. Can't remember where, but I distictly remember it.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

She's a nice one Mike! I've seen one with those side panel pinstripes before. Can't remember where, but I distictly remember it.

id="quote">
id="quote">I have a pair of side panels with the pin stripe. came off the early 64 model landlord. or maybe i sold them all ready . heck , maybe you bought one josh :D

Thats a nice tractor,the fact that you got your uncles tractor and kept it in the family is cool.

quote:Originally posted by lampoulos

Vert nice original. Everything is straight and complete! I wouldn't do anything to it.

Originally posted by lampoulos

Vert nice original. Everything is straight and complete! I wouldn't do anything to it.

id="quote">id="quote">X2! A little elbow grease and that will be one of the nicest original '64's around!/quote]

Nice old Landlord! I had one with pinstripes on the side panels, in fact I still have the lift side panel that has the stripe.

The hubcabs are worth a couple of bucks if the they clean up!

Hey Mike....I'm tryin to get a Landlord like your uncle's goin. Could you send me a pic of the back righthand axle? I need to see what the differential looks like. Thanks....Ralph

A Black Landlord that goes straight back through time in your family history to the original owner is just awesome. Maybe one in a million own a tractor like that.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do feel extremely lucky and blessed to have this one in the stable.

Ralph ... I will try to get some decent pics of that area in the next couple of days.

I was amazed to find the fenders straight and no sign of ever being bent. The rubber on the footpads is in great shape for the age and hours on this machine, must have taken foot dragger to heart when he drove it. 8D Gearbox and steering are nice and tight. I was told the engine was puffing some smoke and would probably need attention.

I would like to keep it like it is, other than the hood. I might try to see if I can buff up another hood and use it so the paint is closer to original rather than a freshly painted hood on top of the rest of the original paint.

Thanks again for the comments.

Awesome save Mike!!

I agree that is in great original condition...your uncle used it alot but kept it in good mechanical condition. dOd

thats a nice 64 you have there looks alot like mine when i brought it home .someday ill finish it to .sweet save

Except for the primer colored hood it looks just like the one I picked up on Saturday. Hub caps and all. Great find!

quote:Originally posted by cschmidt62

Except for the primer colored hood it looks just like the one I picked up on Saturday. Hub caps and all. Great find!

id="quote">
id="quote">Did you get the one down at Pendleton that was on CL?

That looks to be an excellent candidate for restoration. Very nice tractor! You get an 'at-a-boy! dOd8D

Originally posted by msiebern
quote:
id="quote">Yea that's the one. It was in remarkably good shape. Not sure about the engine and it's stuck in gear but its got a lot of potential

• Who's Online (See full list)

• maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts