Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Tires - what's everyone running?

MittenB10

Looking to source some new treads on the back of the B10 and was wondering what everyone was running and where are you sourcing them from?

I see a lot of ag tires, but I'd like to try and stick more toward the factory tread.

I'm using 23x8.50 deestone ags, loaded with fluid. I've realy been enjoying them and they are pretty light on the lawn. Work wonders in the garden.

I'm happy with OEM Goodyear Terra's, especially for an OEM look, but have been moving toward AG's as I find deals on them. I find I spin less on my sloped lawn, and they are definitely superior in dirt. I have a couple sets of the Carlisle Tru Powers in 23x10.5-12 and 6-12, a set of Carlisle Super Lugs in 23x10.5-12 and a pair of Deestone AG's in 23x8.5-12. The Tru Powers have the best bite (the narrower the better), the Super Lugs have the best ride, and the Deestone's...well, the Deestone's were cheap. ;)

i have deestones which bite good ad good year ags filled with fluid which bite reallygood and tru powers which are real ice if i could of gotten more good years i would of they are the best of the three to me

23 x8.50-12 Carlisle Tru Pwr on the Early B10, 23x10.50-12 BKT ags on the B210, and 23x8.50-12 BKT ags on the Bumblebee 10. Still have original Goodyear 23x10.50-12 turfs on the 3112h and will probably replace w/turfs because I mow the lawn w/this one and don't need the "bite".

Excellent feedback! Looks like a lot of AG tires and I definitely have to go for a turf tire in my case since it's primary use is mowing and general yard work first.

The Carlisle Turf Master/Multi looks to have a nice tread pattern for lawn and some dirt work.

Have you all purchased online or just TSC?

Jason,

Before I got my Legacy I ran Ag tires on the rear when I cut the lawn. The tires don't tear up the lawn and don't leave tracks either. Note my lawn is not golf course quality.

In most cases on a lawn the AG tires won't spin and thus don't burn your lawn the way turf tires do. The one thing to keep in mind is if the AG tires start to spin they WILL dig and dig quickly. As long as you are careful on areas that could cause the tires to spin I would go with AG tires.

Better tractor and the cool factor all play a roll.

I would like to put AG tires on my Legacy, but the price has kept me away. That would break the bank.

Rick.......

I run Carlysle ag tires mostly. Have knobby turfs on the stick steer wonderboy, and regular turfs on one 616 yeoman and the 6216. The 6216 may be the next one to get ag's tho.

Steve

I was at one of the stores in the link below Monday. The Hi-Run Ags they sell look just like the Carlisle Super Lug that is NLA for $79.99 for a 23.5 X 10.5 X 12. Not sure what Carlisle Turf Master/Multi cost for the rear. Probably around the same as the Ag.The front turf masters are $24.99 a piece and since I need a set now, I plan to get them there.https://www.familyfarmandhome.com/inet/storefront/store.php?mode=featured

hi-run.jpg

hi-run.jpg.4b180b43cb7b9672dd042a204b35b05a.jpg

I think the choice is based on what you'll be using it for and how you want it to look...

Honestly for normal mowing and garden tilling I use Turf and if they get chained they do better plowing snow.

BUT the Ags look very COOL and for true AGricultural use they are the best, like pulling a garden plow, cultivator, harrow, etc. IMO sm01

All great pieces of information and feedback. I appreciate your input. GLPointon - you're correct. I have to focus on what I do the most with it and actually have considered a setup of chains for it when need be.

RayS - thanks for the link sir!

I met a guy who was running ATV tires on a 7117 - said it was a good trade between AG's and turfs to deal with a very hilly lawn. I don't have details...

Ken

MrGreen - agreed on the price. Just scoped out a set at TSC at $99/ea.

Kenzen - I considered the ATV tire route too... but really like the factory look.