Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jfrank1962

Back in the shed again

jfrank1962

I put the snow thrower back in the shed only using it once for about 1 1/2" of snow. Last year I didn't even use it at all.

snow01.jpg

Not sure "weather" to be happy or sad ?

snow01.jpg.0661c5a4b3b61a0a0173f2f906c911aa.jpg

GLPointon

Ray..."put it on in Feburary" ???? Did you think you'd have no snow Dec & Jan? (actually,if so you were right)sm01I'm thinking about leaving my Snowcab, Blower & Chains on my 7010-6 as a dedicated "Winter Worker"....too much trbl to remove & store that cab wahJohn I love that 64 Landlord!!! nice job dOd

quote:Originally posted by RayS

Mines coming off tomorrow. Put it on in Feburary and used it twice.

id="quote">
id="quote">

jfrank1962
quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Sunday I de-winterized 3 of 4 machines. Put that beer glass to good use!

id="quote">
id="quote">Take it easy on that beer glass ;)

timflury

My blower comes off the same day the revitalizer goes on. I still have a lot of the white stuff on my lawn, and garden. I see temps moving up into the 50's this weekend.

JimDk

Sadly, the nice JimH restoration, '64 Landlord that I bought from himlast year, never made it out of the barn this winter. I did not have enough snow at one time to use the blower.

BathDay..jpg

BathDay..jpg.8d73547c7b6240b28f6bb1792ab4ad16.jpg

RayS
quote:Originally posted by RayS

Mines coming off tomorrow. Put it on in Feburary and used it twice.

id="quote">
id="quote">I was trying not to put it on at all. I usually drive over 3" or 4" of snow.

JimDk

Same here, Ray. Unless we get enough build-up from the state plow to block the end of the drive, we drive through it with our 4wd.

Marty, I would save it up, but we get rain or a warm spell and it all runs down the ditch. One of these years we will catch up with a big blizzard. 3 years ago I could not pile snow any higher with my Allis 917 and plow, so I was hauling it away with my FEL.?? That's the reason I got the blower tractor with the cab. Go figure.

Kent

I think I swept the steps off twice this winter... :o:D

Probably should've done it at least one more time, but I wasn't planning on going anywhere before it melted. Yep, I think I'm at about the right latitude...

timflury
quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Man...You guys are confident its not going to blizzard anymore this season! I know who to blame when we get slammed later this month! :D

id="quote">
id="quote">Hence why I do what I do!!!!!:D:D

GLPointon

Me too Jim,I got my cab 2 yrs ago, Only had 2 snowfalls with hardly enough snow to even use it...2" last & 4" once this yr.I screwed up my 1st chance by leaving the gas cap off while snowblowing and "watering my carb" dzCRAZY WINTERS or climate change??? I sometimes miss the normal 6"-12" lake effect snows from yrs past...My kids dont even know about getting "SNOWED-IN" and roughin it for a few days like us oldtimers did crk8 Them "Snow days" off school were great! ps...John the LL looks great and Jim yours too. that cab is a W-horse like mine dOd....maybe next year guys????? :D

quote:Originally posted by JimDk

Sadly, the nice JimH restoration, '64 Landlord that I bought from himlast year, never made it out of the barn this winter. I did not have enough snow at one time to use the blower.

BathDay..jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • Simpastor
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Gdub
      Gdub
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts