Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Johnrenk

trailer up-grade

RayS

Looks good! I seen a website where garage door springs were usesd. Do not know what they were charging. They ran a cable through the center in case the spring broke it would fly apart and kill someone.

simple_stan

You can put the garage door spring in pvc. Then you would need two pulleys, one above the other so the cable will ride on both. I have a gate lift, mine was a kit, probably one of the greatest purchases and modifications I made to my trailer. My cable is starting to fray, so I will be replacing it soon. The system I have has an aluminum bracket that holds the two pulleys.

Johnrenk

Have seen the article using ramp assist price range $189 to $145, idea I'm thinking of is running the springs inside the top rail pipes, the other idea I might use is the wench to be installed to help assist the ramp as well as pull on loads that do not run on the trailer. Am getting to old to muscle everything any longer. :o)

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• abu507
    • B112_son
    • BLT
    • SmilinSam
    • lt-scir
    • plastikosmd
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Club banners are available  for members use during show season https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/57849-simpletractors-club-banners-available/

· 0 replies
  • Adverts