Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trailer up-grade

Johnrenk

Weld chain links along bottom deck rails for hold down straps and low loads.

anchor upgrade 2.jpg

strap anchor 1.jpg

trailer upgrade.jpg

If I can find proper springs and pulley plan on adding tail gate assist in the tubes of trailer rails.

57e057be3cff3_anchorupgrade2.jpg.c73e5a4adc7d76aa3810b4e714b3325e.jpg

57e057be4dd0c_strapanchor1.jpg.4221739f2c430f4c382e4466176d53b6.jpg

57e057be5c812_trailerupgrade.jpg.1b2c125e87e81eec8505b3b36d56a150.jpg

Trailer looks like a real tractor hauler.

Like the chain links idea, think I'll steal that for my Toyota pickup.

Looks good! I seen a website where garage door springs were usesd. Do not know what they were charging. They ran a cable through the center in case the spring broke it would fly apart and kill someone.

You can put the garage door spring in pvc. Then you would need two pulleys, one above the other so the cable will ride on both. I have a gate lift, mine was a kit, probably one of the greatest purchases and modifications I made to my trailer. My cable is starting to fray, so I will be replacing it soon. The system I have has an aluminum bracket that holds the two pulleys.

I believe I'll borrow that chain lik idea as welldOd. Need to strip my trailer down & repaint and repair this summer.

Have seen the article using ramp assist price range $189 to $145, idea I'm thinking of is running the springs inside the top rail pipes, the other idea I might use is the wench to be installed to help assist the ramp as well as pull on loads that do not run on the trailer. Am getting to old to muscle everything any longer. :o)