Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
allis712

Bevel gear box

allis712

Awhile back someone posted a range of models that the bevel gear boxes fit, i was wondering if all the "B" series use the same box on the standard transmissions? Thanks in advance!!!

John

GrincheyOne

Maybe U were looking for this?

FDT - straight three speed and Vicker hydro`s use the same BGB.

FDT - variable is different than above, BGB`s.

RBT - 3300 series is a non cone clutch tractor so it is unique as well. This is when they went to 7/8" input-shaft.

RBT - 3400 series through Sovereign 18 last year of production Simplicity and Allis equivalents with geared transmission , shuttle`s and hydro`s are the same BGB.

I think it was posted by RayS.

Wayneid="Book Antiqua">id="size4">

GLPointon

Also the AC 300 & 400 series can be unique too as they are RBT's but had no cone clutch on the PTO side and was available with Vari-speed which is a diff output shaft on the drive side. they are more like the 3300 Simp's I think...

quote:Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Maybe U were looking for this?FDT - straight three speed and Vicker hydro`s use the same BGB.FDT - variable is different than above, BGB`s.RBT - 3300 series is a non cone clutch tractor so it is unique as well. This is when they went to 7/8" input-shaft.RBT - 3400 series through Sovereign 18 last year of production Simplicity and Allis equivalents with geared transmission , shuttle`s and hydro`s are the same BGB.I think it was posted by RayS.Wayneid="Book Antiqua">id="size4">

id="quote">
id="quote">

John_in_Oxford
quote:Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Maybe U were looking for this?FDT - straight three speed and Vicker hydro`s use the same BGB.FDT - variable is different than above, BGB`s.RBT - 3300 series is a non cone clutch tractor so it is unique as well. This is when they went to 7/8" input-shaft.RBT - 3400 series through Sovereign 18 last year of production Simplicity and Allis equivalents with geared transmission , shuttle`s and hydro`s are the same BGB.I think it was posted by RayS.Wayneid="Book Antiqua">id="size4">

id="quote">
id="quote">Oh, FFS! will somebody please explain to me what an FDT & RBT is?I can only come up with "foot dragger tractor" & "running board tractor".I am suffering from acronym oveload!sm00

rokon2813
Originally posted by John_in_Oxford
quote:
id="quote">You are correct, those are club acronyms and a lot of folks don't get them right away.B series are all foot draggers, only a small foot pad for your feet, no large running boardSo what is FFS ? I don't know that one :o

John_in_Oxford
Originally posted by rokon2813
quote:
id="quote">You are correct, those are club acronyms and a lot of folks don't get them right away.B series are all foot draggers, only a small foot pad for your feet, no large running boardSo what is FFS ? I don't know that one :o
id="quote">id="quote">Thanks. Those two had me stumped until this AM, but even then, I was just giving 'em a wild-eyed guess.So, foot draggers are for manly men, and running boards are the ladies versions? sm06This 3316H I have has running boards - so I guess I'm a Nancy Boy. Hmmm, had the left running board off while working on the PTO clutch - mowed the acreage twice before I put it back on. It got REAL INTERESTING a couple of times...dz