Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RayS

Tractor of the Month April 2013

RayS

Here is a draft from Bob (BLT). Looks like Bryan senga, Sean Falls and Tim Flury are volunteering to run this activity.

Will implement this April 1st. Will start with round hood A-C restored..

1. For club (paid) members only.

2. Allis or Simplicity made tractor are eligible.. Later on, other tractors will be allowed.

3. The selection committee will determine each monthly criteria.

4. They can be a restoration, an original, a rescue, a modification, an extensive repair/rebuilt - as called by the committee.

5. Narrative and pictures are required - to tell its story, and why it is deserving of being the Club's tractor of the month. Tractors that do not meet theme criteria will be removed by the comitteee.

6. Members can enter a tractor multiple times (months), but it can only win once per year. Once they've won, they cannot submit it again for a year on any subject.

7. Each contest will have four week submission period followed by club membership voting for a two period after that. When a winner of that period is announced a new subject will be presented.

8. At the end of the year, we will have a separate contest of the previous winners for Tractor of the Year, with a bigger prize.

Added by Kent

This is now open for members to enter their own tractor. This first round is limited to "round-hood" restored Allis-Chalmers (B-1 through B-12). The newly-formed committee will determine future categories, but we're starting with this one because we know that there are some absolutely gorgeous restored AC round hoods out there.id="size4">id="red">

Post your entry as a reply to this topic, with pictures and a story -- sufficient to convince club members that it is deserving of being the club's Tractor of the Month.

Please post only entries/nominees in this topic -- any other replies will be deleted.

Once the nomination period is over, this topic will be locked, and members will be asked to vote on the nicest tractor listed in this topic.

huffy

I'll kick this off by nominating TMG's Squire resto:

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=122728&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=purdy+girl

Most restos look much better in the pics than in person. This one's quite the opposite. If you think it looks good in the pics, you should stop by Josh's and see it live. It's one of the nicest I've seen.

huffy
quote:Originally posted by RayS

2. Allis or Simplicity made tractor are eligible.. Later on, other tractors will be allowed.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Wasn't the Squire made by Simplicity?

Talntedmrgreen

Sounds like the canidates need to be yellow round hoods. Orange and bronze will come later, per committee guidelines, as will later models/types.

I think the problem we're seeing is that there are no nominations rolling in.

Talntedmrgreen

I nominate Mike Biery's (MDB) B-12 restoration from mid 2011. I've always been a sucker for Mike's work, and would love to see his collection in person one of these days. The B-12 is my favorite yellow tractor, and Mike did a great, start to finish restoration in a single post. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118002&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=b-12

b12-39.jpg

b12-38.jpg

b12-40.jpg

dOd Good luck Mike!!dOd

timflury
quote:Originally posted by shovelhead

Michael Wells' B-1

Mwb-1.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">Who's Michael Wells, please?? I need to see a story behind the restoration.Do like Josh did and post a link to the explanation.Josh, we need a link to the restore thread on your loader tractor, or a story of the resurrection

shovelhead

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=4435

http://wellsimplement.com/bseries.htm

Sorry Tim, I guess I jumped the gun also. Don't have any links on restore. He is a club member and he did retore this tractor, thought it would be a good entry.

quote:This is now open for members to enter their own tractor.id="quote">
id="quote">

Should have read this first I guess. Go ahead and delete my entry or I can.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by timflury

Josh, we need a link to the restore thread on your loader tractor, or a story of the resurrection

id="quote">
id="quote">I did a breif write up on the loader portion. There are more pics of the tractor and process here:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119084&SearchTerms=big,ten,loaderI did a lengthy restor thread next door on this machine:http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=193473&highlight=Before, during, and after...

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0841.jpg

Brettw

I think it will come around as people get more aware and become more involved. Not sure if this will be strong enough initially to do on a monthly basis, but maybe every quarter. That would give more time for nominations, awareness, and voting. Just my thoughts. Only three nominee's so far, but certainly some awesome tractors making any voting durned difficult.

rokon2813

I think it will get better as more people get used to the idea, and when more categories come around.

I know I have 2 I'd like to enter, but I think both are more in the category of "Modified"