Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Identify a gasket

Recommended Posts


There's an engine that uses that gasket, it escapes me right now as to the actual model.

The extra material on the upper left side helps direct air through the cooling fins.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That gasket goes where the manifold bolts to the block on some engines. The extra flap of material is to cover up a gap in the sheetmetal on some engines and direct the air over the head. I have cut the extra material off and used the gasket for both manifold and carb gaskets at different times. I think I have only had one engine that needed that gasket on the manifold mounting.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this