Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7014 S from manual lift to electric

hamman01

I gave my BIL a 7014S Simplicity that has a manual lift on it. I have an electric lift from a Homelite T-16 H parts tractor we would like to put on it. Will it fit and has anyone done this that would be willing to share? We have been thinking about this during the winter. As soon as the snow leaves we want to try this. Also will the rock shaft from the T-16H fit theis tractor. Thanks. Roger

Motor assy. looks like the same. Mounts close to the same. Not sure of the rock shaft. Thanks for the info.. I appreciate it.

Being different frames brings up another fact. The three T-16H that I have all have different front axels on them. Most everything else is the same except that. thanks again.

It is an Allis Chalmers built tractor. I wasn't sure if it was the same frame as the 70 series Simplicity. It looks like I might have to replace the rockshaft on it. Will know more when BIL gets back in a week or so. thanks. Roger

The "pins" on the electric lift cylinder are different between the A/C and Simplicity models. The Simplicity electric lift has the pins low near the base; the Allis 300/400 and A/C Homelites have the pins about 40% of the way up the cylinder from the base. Simplicity tractors have a separate mounting bracket for the electric lift. The A/C Homelites don't have a separate mounting bracket, the bracket is built into the frame. Not sure what an A/C 300/400 uses to mount the electric lift. A comparison pic, Homelite on left, Simplicity on right:

Comparea.jpg

You might be able to move the pins and get a Simplicity mounting bracket and be in business. I'm not sure if the 7000 series rock shaft is different between a manual lift and electric lift. Hopefully someone else will supply that answer. As to the front axles on the 3 T-16H's you have being different, I'd put $$$ on one being an early A/C built Homelite, one a late built A/C Homelite and the last one a Simplicity in Homelite colors. In the post above, the A/C built Homelite is an early one.

Comparea.jpg.69f7195c95bfa405b42a2cb9c4143672.jpg

I will be getting the parts tractor in this week to remove the lift from it. After the BIL gets abck we will see if we can make it work right. I did use the gas tank from the parts T-16 for the 7014. Thanks PhanDad for the pictures. That helps a lot. I'm not sure if we can switch out brackest and all or waht we will have to do. I can't post pics due to not being a club member. Roger

One easy way to tell the Simplicity-Built from the Allis-Built Homelites is the grill - narrow on the bottom is a Simplicity, narrow on the top is an Allis. It's the same grill, just turned upside down.

My experience is that all of the 7000/7100, 700/900 series have the same rock shaft. I have put in electric and hydraulic lifts without changing the rock shaft.

Also isn't the T16H the same as a 3416H? The ones that I have seen were.