Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Illustrated Questions

dhoadley

I'm now up to 3 Broadmoors to make one working mower to cut my grass this year. I have 2 identical decks (MFG# 990422) that both have just an open hole for a discharge chute. There are 2 small, square holes that look like mounting points for a proper chute. Is something missing?

P3310049.JPG

One of the axles appears to be a hub sleeve slid over the axle proper with a bolt through the holes. The sleeve/hub is torn at the bolt(though this picture is near worthless for showing anything). Anyone have a replacement 3-bolt rim pattern hub. See my "Parts wanted" ad.

P3310050.JPG

One transaxle has a second shift lever. Is this a "creeper" and how does it work?

P3310051.JPG

As always, so many questions, so little time. Thank you all so much for your collective knowledge and wisedom. Dave

P3310049.JPG.9f74921731917d1eb5c69853a2d76714.JPG

P3310050.JPG.2237e2b25264c13ed7647adfbb78a43c.JPG

P3310051.JPG.78daa70e5599eb0edca62e6487aa5cf2.JPG

Dave; don't know about a chute on your deck but it will cut just fine without one. In the second pic, remove the hub and weld a washer on each side in line with original holes and reinstall with a slightly longer bolt. Third pic is a high low planetary gearset. Sitting on the seat, right hand lever works the high/low. May be shifted with engine running or stopped but not with tractor moving. Doubles number of trans speeds. Hope that helps....Dave