Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Reproduction Nelson-Like Muffler Progress Videos

superbman101

Hello Everyone,Here is the Info that I promised I'd get out to everyone once I got the Samples In hand from the factory and started Testing them.Videos:Nelson OEM Muffler

Nelson-Like Reproduction Muffler
They are Identical ^Once I get this 16hp Broke in I will do a WOT Video From the prospective of the driver for sound comparison again.

Prototype Muffler1.jpg

Prototype Muffler2.jpg

Prototype Muffler3.jpg

Working on changing a few thing on the prototypes to get them ready for production. Let me know what you guys think! It's your feedback that matters the most sm01

57e057cdb50a0_PrototypeMuffler1.jpg.b211f5b41d525d1c2b60c87936beddbd.jpg

57e057cdc430a_PrototypeMuffler2.jpg.7f98746dfae2c59888538503c4926fd1.jpg

57e057cdda7e4_PrototypeMuffler3.jpg.12fc59231e61eff27e918a6eb13c130b.jpg

Are you thinking about making the outlet pipe longer to stick out past the OD of the can and having a little more weld than the 4 tacks. I'm concerned that the tack welds will crack and the outlet become loose.

quote:Originally posted by stevenj

Are you thinking about making the outlet pipe longer to stick out past the OD of the can and having a little more weld than the 4 tacks. I'm concerned that the tack welds will crack and the outlet become loose.

id="quote">
id="quote">That is the same as OEM.

To me it looks like the threads are shorter than on the OEM muffler. Is there going to be enough thread to still use a conduit nut? Also appears these are flat on the ends rather than domed slightly outward as OEM were.

These look so awesome! The only real difference that I can see is the lack of the Nelson stamping on them. Count me in for at least one when your ready to sell them. Speaking of Nelson, I hope your not going to run into any patent type issues!

Thanks! Patents are from back in 1958 :D SO we are in the clear dOd

quote:Originally posted by ReedS

These look so awesome! The only real difference that I can see is the lack of the Nelson stamping on them. Count me in for at least one when your ready to sell them. Speaking of Nelson, I hope your not going to run into any patent type issues!

id="quote">
id="quote">

I'm making the threads longer. That's an easy fix they didn't cut them as long as I called out on the prints so the Production ones they are making now will be 1.5" of thread sm01 Enough for a nut and then some ;)

quote:Originally posted by Chris727

To me it looks like the threads are shorter than on the OEM muffler. Is there going to be enough thread to still use a conduit nut? Also appears these are flat on the ends rather than domed slightly outward as OEM were.

id="quote">
id="quote">

This is one of the things as well that I caught. I have specified that this is needed sm01

Originally posted by RayS
quote:
id="quote">

Welding Exit Port Silencer 2.jpg

57e05ded89ea3_WeldingExitPortSilencer2.jpg.e530da0249e11a44e1d706549d0ddb05.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update for all those looking or following sm01I started drooling when I saw this from my buddy's shop :P

Mufflers1000.jpg

Mufflers1000.jpg.f5e62b3a5f3b7539b476b6c8f3375b6f.jpg

Ok I'm itching Just having to wait on mine. I know they well sound as good as they look. So for the big question. When is the big day on the release of them!!!!!