Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JJ MARSHALL

got my 7018 back up and running but when i try to make a sharp left or right turn it seem like the rear wheels are pulling at the at the same time and pushing and siding the front wheels.

any help. THANKS

JJ

Just curious what the symptoms are if you turn left and right while going in reverse? Does it feel like the rear tires are dragging or skipping?

backing up everything seem to be ok.

if i should tear it down what should i look for?

it is not noisy.

on the 7000 series simplicity with the hydo

do this not have the anti slip rear end?

THANKS

JJ

The differential (if the same as a 7100 series, and I believe it is), consists of two sets of gears and springs that hold the gears in place. On a differential that I rebuilt, there were broken springs. Fortunately there was no damage, and I was able to replace the springs (still available from the dealer). If however, those sring parts were to get into the gears themselves, or if the gears shifed because of a lack of the springs and meshed improperly, the differential would be locked up, hence posi-traction). I would suggest searching the forums for more information or pictures.