Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody see this one!

ardisam

Description sounds like it's written by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about...and the price supports it. :Q

My thoughs exactly! When he first listed the tractor on ebay, he description was wrong. He said that the tractor runs great but the belt is missing for the lift, he said the lift tries to move but won't go. So, I explained to him that if there is no belt the tractor won't move and the lift won't work. Also, he told me that a friend of his knew about the tractor and said that the offset pulleys under the tractor were only made for 2 years. I said to him that those pulleys were on a few of those style tractors and were on them for about 20 years or more. He offer me to buy the tractor for $2400, not happening. I said maybe I would buy it for less $800.

I like his closing the description with "Bid with confidence" when his feedback rating is 85.7%. I wouldn't deal with him at any price.

It must also have the invisiable lift on the rear and the none year only lower float position on the hydro lift leversm06sm00:DB).

Dan

Thanks guys for input! It's funny to see how people think they can get a lot of money for tractors like this one even without attachments. I agree with Marty-MN, with the tractors that I have(Allis Chalmers 916, Allis Chalmers 917, Deutz Allis 912, Simplicity 7110) the highest I paid was $300 and that was on the 917. What a great site to talk about things like this.:D

WOW !! That is only 2 hrs from me. I think I will call up and see if he would trade for my 64 LL with 1500 to boot ....NOT ....

Prices are generally depressed in this area also.

It is REALLY hard to get a feedback below the 90s on ebay nowdays, since the last couple of rule changes. Never have seen a FB rating that low.

Gary

quote:Gary, I wish you luck! I think he's firm on the $2200id="quote">
id="quote">

Maybe if he removed a zero...............

Looks like a steel to me. I know of a 917 with a tiller that the guy might consider selling for 5,000. He cut the hood out to fit in an old car battery. Of course, he is an auctioneer so he KNOWS what stuff is worth.

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

Thanks guys for input! It's funny to see how people think they can get a lot of money for tractors like this one even without attachments. I agree with Marty-MN, with the tractors that I have(Allis Chalmers 916, Allis Chalmers 917, Deutz Allis 912, Simplicity 7110) the highest I paid was $300 and that was on the 917. What a great site to talk about things like this.:D

id="quote">
id="quote"> If you can find these machines that cheap you should import them to the northeast Boston to Philly corridor. This kind of ad is typical.http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/3708564815.htmlContinually searching, Dave

Dave, I know how you feel! They seem to more common in the midwest, since the were made in Wisconsin. There was a Simplicity 7016 under the Minneapolis craigslist for $65. It was missing the rear wheels and no attachments, I should have bought that one turned it around. I was too slow at it.

There's too many still around to pay those prices... or get a 3speed and add a hydro rear end, or.....?

I find most of mine on CL or just find 'em when I'm not looking?

I love E-bay but for Heavy stuff, if its not local, then shipping is prohibitively expensive.

Good Example! They really don't get it, the older tractors are just not worth that much anymore. I think something goes to their head and says I can get this much for it and they stay like that.

quote:Originally posted by dhoadley

Today's example:http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/3725490458.html

id="quote">
id="quote"> The funny thing is, this was a barn find that sat on CL for several weeks @$600 in the same town. I think this guy bought it and just doubled the price! I don't know what he's thinking.

At least show a picture of it, so we can see what it looks like. The key of selling something is to have pictures of it.