Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7117

B112_son

Hello. I just found a 7117. By pics appears to be in excellent shape. I have some questions though. It's listed as having an 18 hp kohler. Thought these were 17? Also it has manual lift. Thought they all had hydro lift. It is not listed as having power steering buy am assuming it does. As I said just found it on Craigslist too late to call and ask. I know the 7117 was one of the biggest and thought it would have had hydro lift etc. am I wrong? Is it a piece together?

I owned a 7117 have sold it now but it also didn't ave hydraulic lift, and the frame was not even drilled or have the boss for the hydraulic lift lever on the frame.

The 7117 came with a Kohler twin KT-17 engine, either series I or II. Stay away from the series I, it had lubrication problems. If it's actually a Kohler 18, it's been repowered. Hydraulic lift was an option, and a retrofit for hydraulic lift is done frequently. I don't believe power steering was offered on the 7117, but there are an adventurous few who have stuffed it in there themselves.

It's a great tractor - I have "green painted twin" Deutz-Allis 917H.

Ken

If I have located the correct tractor, in Bedford, the engine is a Magnum, which is a direct replacement of the KT17 that was in the tractor. The tractor looks to be in very good shape, and if it runs well the price is reasonable. IMO

Brettw that is indeed the tractor. I have been looking for a 917/7117 to do weekly mowing and retire the B112. I am debating on manual lift and hydro. In reality the hydro would mostly be nice for snow but we don't seem to get much of that anymore. I thought the machine appeared to be in nice shape from the one pic posted.

Chris, I have the Allis Chalmers 916H with hydro lift and Allis Chalmers 917H with the hydro lift. The lifts come in handy in the winter, and using the tiller and the mower deck. I also have a Simplicity 7110 with a electric lift. Sorry, Im not really able to find that listing, maybe post a link? I did see a Allis Chalmers 616 Hydro for $175, I was I was closer I would buy it!

Saw the 616 as well and thought the same thing. 7117 must have sold cause the listing is down. Too slow again. Work got in the way this morning get home and it's gone.

The 7117 tractor was mine and I sold it last evening to a gentleman from North Vernon, Indiana that has owned several Simplicities. He was very happy with it. The tractor ran and mowed good.

Bigdog46 I've seen the gentlemen from north Vernon have several items listed. He seems to have quite the passion for the these old machines as well. At least it went to a good home. It appeared to be in great shape and I am sorry I missed it.

Ardisam I am looking for something in that 600-800$ range. Really want a 917 or 7117. It's one of those things where it's want more than a need though.