Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oh What Fun

MPH

NOTAbout on last leg working on my loader tractor. After freeing up and rebushing the steering I decided it was easy to see I'm not working on a Simplicity. Not sure what the designers at Gilson used to smoke. The grease zerk in the front spinals are in the bottom bushing instead of centered, it didn't look like the top EVER saw grease.Then on to change the hydro filter and fluid, maybe an hours time. Well, I soaked the top of the filter for day in Kroil, still no give so took off 2 hoses and one nut and removed the whole assembly. Put it in the vise with a 2 foot pipe wrench, no give, as the filter mount is cast didn't want to use heat so I chissled it off.

4.3FilterRemoval.jpg

4.3FilterRemoved.jpg

At least 4 hours in it.Anyone know who made this hydro? Can't find any name on it.

4.3Hydro.jpg

One of the' guessing' OEM tires goes flat in 2 days.

4.3Riverside.jpg

First 9.50 I've seen

4.3.9.50.jpg

This is how to remove concrete wts encased in plastic--Roto hammer, after 2 days of pb Blaster squirts.

4.3WtDrilling.jpg

4.3Wt.Removal.jpg

4.3RustyRim.jpg

The lug bolts on the side that held air were all loose.Since the B-112 has become a dedicated snow blower with chains on it I had these super lugs in storage, mounted, the the bolt holes even matched.

4.3NewTires.jpg

4.3FilterRemoval.jpg.3d1085af7b379d3036bb3ff95f1fc630.jpg

4.3FilterRemoved.jpg.3d84558b644668a3c6f36a8752d62de4.jpg

4.3Hydro.jpg.f5d96965db329e249eca56c33721858f.jpg

4.3Riverside.jpg.86799c9597cfdd94d3e7aff363042be3.jpg

4.3.9_50.jpg.e16d24fd84603dbb306e18ae1b253f90.jpg

4.3WtDrilling.jpg.9aca5f3f302646c1f0cc822241684e89.jpg

4_3Wt.Removal.jpg.c689796da7af48400b95816de4616a30.jpg

4.3RustyRim.jpg.5b3d3d761f4002a8e8f7592a06101e76.jpg

4.3NewTires.jpg.a1889fce6b15846d8813a897a576384e.jpg

Wow, I feel your pain my man!sm00

Just think how special this tractor will be when you bring it back to its former glory. Keep your head up and you will have her back up and running before you know it. Can't wait to see the finished product!dOd God speed and good luck!

gilson used the vickers T-66 and eaton M-10 hydroststaic transmissions. you have the Eaton trans in yours. ill send you the manual ;)

Glad you have the tools needed for the "fine" adjustments required - like the large pipe wrenches, chisels, drills and sledge. Good luck. It looks like it was maintenance free.

Looks like fun. Thats ususally how my projects go. Four hours on a 15 minute jobsm00 It should be a neat machine when its done.

8C8C Well Marty; if you didn't have a hobby before you sure got one now!!!! Good luck putting everything right on your loader project. Is it warming up at all so you can welcome your new bees? Also I don't mean to bug you but I really would like to try fireweed honey this year if you feel inclined to package up and mail me a container. Postage and product prepaid of course. Let me know when it is nearer harvest time. Thanks....Dave

I'll do a post when I get fireweed honey in the coffee shop. Maybe we can work out several jars to one area, cut way down on postage.

Not sure this machine will ever be made pretty, just the wrong brand to get to much into.

Marty my Loader was by far my biggest & most expensive project with the most Fab work and inventing as I went along...as tough as it was, it is my favorite project ever!!! sm01 I hope yours turns out to be as rewarding...

Hang in there, your doing good, cant wait to see more dOd

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

as tough as it was, it is my favorite project ever!!! sm01 I hope yours turns out to be as rewarding...

id="quote">
id="quote">

Ditto . . . I find new uses for my loader every day, and use it constantly. Hang in there, Marty, I'm sure once you get all the bugs worked out you're going to love that little loader and find that all the hard work was well worth it.

Hi Marty

Looks like you have all the special tools to get er done,who

ever put the filter on that tight needs a swift kick in the

proper place for a swift kick.

I never knew how much I needed a loader tractor until I got one.

I do very little lifting any more and at my age that's a blessing.

I want to referb mine but don't want to be without it while work

on it .:D:D

May have to buy another one.}:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts