Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

b 112

peyton

hey

I have a b112. I am using the mega fire instead if the points. It starts and runs good, but when mowing it will kind of miss and run rough. It has a clean gas tank and filter, and I tried leaning and riching the carb. What else could it be.

any help would be great

I have found that sometimes the fuel line is to long and you have to much of a "U" and it is hard for the gravity fed fuel to go up hill and reach the carb.

I've ran out of gas that way even with 1/4 of a tank. Shortened up the fuel line and problem solved.

Hope it's that simple for you.

Chris

I would run a little Seafoam in the gas and see if that improves your engine performance.

I like the tips Chris gave as I have never thought about fuel line length as being a factor.

thanks for the tips. the gas line is a little long and thinking of it now on a full tank it does not do it. this would be a good place to start but still open to idies. thanks

I have had the same problem on my B112 and fuel line too long was the answer. It used to quit and act like it was out of gas and I'd still have over 1/4 tank. Now it runs great. It didnt take much either.