Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 310 tranny interchange??

fishnwiz

Looking for an Allis 310 / Simplicity tranny interchange...is there one other than another AC model? I cannot for the life of me get the tranny unstuck with Zipps bent screwdriver trick! PMO!XX(

Are you looking to swap from the BGB back, if so the AC 300 series are the only ones that are the same. The variable rear itself should be the same on any of the FDT variables. The differences are in the BGB, sideplates, and rear hitch.

I am looking from bgb back. Will the ac 410 rear work and are most parts interchangeable between the 410 and 310? I really hate to part /scrap the 310!

If you swap like type trans then any will work. Such as if you have a vari-speed then a Vari-speed trans from any other tractor will work (95% sure)...the tranys all bolt to the sideplates the same if its the same type. I think 4 bolts on each side and its free from the sideplates. a few more bolts to swap the rear hitch...The whole job is a few hrs at most...

What kind do you have? I have spare 3-speeds, Vari-speed & a shuttle here, if your willing to take a drive I'll make you a good deal. or truck yours down and I'll do the bent screwdriver trick for free sm01 PM me if interested

also the AC 300 & 400 series can swap tranys

Thanks for the kind offer Greg!

I have the three speed vari in this tractor and have spent 3 hrs with a bent screwdriver poking around with the wheel off and just cannot seem to get it in the correct position. I purchased the tractor in this condition for 100.00 a few years back.

why not just open the transmission...

seems like 3 hours would be excessive to actually

open the transmission and see whats up...

otherwise... for linkage reasons... i would bet

a donut that any 3 speed would fit... its the

side plates that are different...

the 3/4's dont attach the front to rear via bgb

bolts.. they use the side plates to link front to rear frame

Hi fish...Great to hear from you again!

I was debating opening the case but after watching one of the u tube vids on doing it I changed my mindsm02..It looked to be a nightmare and I do not think my tool selection was large enough to handle some of the dis assembly of the case itself.

heck... I dont think it would take more than a socket set...

simple tractors .... right??

if you do replace it then no risk... open 'er up... : )

And when I finally do break this bad boy open and the gears fly everywhere and I am left with a jigsaw puzzle of parts...then what?

Sometimes I think they just want you to think they are simple to work on so they get more hits on their site! :D