Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax drop axle

phillobbezoo

i was wondering if any one knows the part numbers for the bearings and the seal for the axle shaft in the final drive? i looked on parts tree and i was suprized at how much they were. I was wondering if any body has got them from some were else for cheeper or if theres another place i can look thanks

Not sure if you have it apart or not. Seal and bearing manufactures put there numbers on the outer edge of each. You maybe able to get the seal numbers with them installed. The numbers are there though.

I wouldn't pay two to three times the price either. The Chinese bearings I have had good luck with. They have to meet standards. I have been using Chinese bearings for years in arbor shaft assemblies and you can get good bearings cheap on eBay as well.

Most of the companies in China making the bearings are U.S. corporations that are to cheap to pay an American a decent wage. That is why they moved. Charge the same for the bearing and pay some poor guy a censored.gif wage.

Phil,

I was able to match the bearings and seals by using the numbers on the old ones for the bearings. For the seals I had to go by the dimensions of the old seal. The bearings are common automotive wheel bearings.

I am traveling and don't have the numbers to share with you, take the old bearings and seal to NAPA, they will be able to fix you up for a lot less money.

John U

thanks John, i figured someone would know i dont have it apart yet and dont see time for a week or 2 so when you get home if you could shoot me the numbers it would be appretiated and would save me some time being able to get the parts and have them when i take it apart. If not ill get it apart and take them to napa and hopefully they will be able to get them relativly quick. thanks again

Phil