Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler Carb Kit number? help

GWGAllisfan

I need a carb kit anf aloat for my 712. Gas pours out of it when the tractor isn't running and when it is running it runs a while and then spits gas out of the carb.I suspect either a bad needle valve or holed float, so if i do a complete rebuild that should fix it.

OK here's the problem: I can't figure out what kit to buy. The engine is a K301S, type 47540D.

The carb itself has C-238315 embossed just above the bowl. It's the only of 4 k- series engine i have with a number on the carb. A local parts company said this engine should now use a carb 47-853-22S, which appears to be different, based on the pictures on the Internet. The rebuilt kit for that is 2575711, but all the sites say that's for a walbro, which my carb isn't.

I've looked at the carb cross referecne post, and am even more confused.

Can any of you steer me to the right carb Kit? failing that, how about the individual parts?

FYI..Rebuild kits do NOT come with a replacement float in them so if that is the issue, you will need to buy the float separate. I disregard the numbers on the carb and go off the numbers on the motor shroud. Unless the carb was switched out along the way, those should be the only numbers you should need for the correct kit. My guess is you have a stuck needle valve . Best of luck on your project.

According to the Kohler website the number of the carburetor for that engine is 47 053 13 which they show is superseded by the number 47 853 22-S is a carburetor.

You would think the would list a rebuild kit number for the 47 053 13 instead of wanting you to replace the whole carb, but that is a way to make $250 - $325 I guess.

research Kohler 25 757 01-S kit.

Thanks. After looking all around the net and reading all kind of convoluted references, I think the 2575701 kit is probably what I need, as well as a 2575703 float kit.

I have one more part I can't find a part number for: The Kohler Carb has nozzle where the main fuel high speed jet seats. This Is up in the tube that comes from the body of the carb to the bowl. Any idea a number for that one?