Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
fishnwiz

Snow ,dirt, dozer blade ?

fishnwiz

I have a question regarding the different dozer, snow blades? I have seen from a previous post that there are different type of blades including a rare 5 position dirt blade?? What is that and what is the diierence?

"Also, there's another kind of snow blade, dirt blade; usually referred to as a "dozer blade" which is heavier and has 5-way angle adjust. More $$ too. Rare.

Some of these appear in Attachment manuals."

Thanks much!

Talntedmrgreen

Hmmm...not sure any dozer is rare. I have seen more varieties than what is shown when you look up the manuals on the Simplicity site. Basically, they had the early two varieties (42", 3-position, manual angle & 46", 5-position, remote ange w/spring trip). The latter is better suited for snow, though either will do. The spring trip is about worthless in any kind of compact dirt, from my experience. I've used a ratchet strap to 'lock out' the spring feature, but 46" is too large of a swath for these little tractors in dirt. The 42" has a better bite.

Later varieties included a 42", 3-position, manual angle with spring trip for RBT's.

All of the blades are 'Dozers', and I think they are all the same gauge steel. Technically, I believe the non-spring trip varieties are considered dirt blades, while the spring versions are intended for snow removal.

yukon

the beast lives in a 2 hr period the legacy went from a garden tractor to a mean machine, but i have to say it didnt go real easy. there was a lot of head scratching and the occasional beer just to refresh my memory but heres what it looks like.

2013-04-08_14.33.52.jpg

2013-04-08_14.34.12.jpg

2013-04-08_14_33_52.jpg.51262c86a32e6e892660f7a513bde64c.jpg

2013-04-08_14_34_12.jpg.09f882ca1f805f45421299e0f258ed0e.jpg