Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

chris87

thinking about getting a 7117 and selling my landlord 2010. but my questions are can the snow plow for the landlord fit the 7117? does it have sleeve hitch so i could pull a plow for the garden and the other sleeve hitch attachment i have. and what do i need to look for or common problems.

Yes, the plow will fit, however, the lift rod may be a different length. The tractor may or may not have the rear lift option, which you will need to operate any rear ground engaging attachments. The sleeve hitch is also an option / attachment. The bottom line is, with the proper setup/s pulleys, mounting brackets, etc., most of the attachments can be used between the tractors.

It is preferable that the 7117 has the Series II engine in it. A hydro lift would be a nice option. There are no "common" problems per se. The first generation KT17 could have some oil related issues, but only if run low or used on steep inclines in a steady work environment. Other than that, the 7100 series are great, solid tractors. IMO

I beg to differ with Brett. The plow will fit, however, if the 2010 plow is "correct" the hitch will be different too.

The early plow frame had the lift arm angled back and out, while the newer is more straight.

The older frame on a newer tractor will hit the bottom of the hood and you won't be able to lift it.

I've found you'll need the correct hitch as the new RBT hitch has the lifting arm straight up and down when installed. The FDT hitch has the arm angled back towards the tractor.

thank you for that info. he said is about a 1983 comes with 17HP twin cylinder engine 48 inch mower deck, 42 inch snow blower, 36 inch tiller, tire chains. it has a hydro trans and hydro lift. since it has a tiller should it have the rear hitch? i would assume so but you know assuming does. im thinking of getting it bc 7 more hp, hydro trans and lift.

I had more than one angled back style hitch so with the help of someone on this site they showed me that all you have to do is modify the arm by cutting out the center brace and welding it back straight up and down. Worked good.

I think it was burntime or BLT,..sorry I can't remember for sure.

8D

Chris,

Yes the the 7117 comes with a tiller it will have the rear lift. But as I understand it the sleeve hitch is a separate part and is not needed for the tiller. That said if you need the sleeve hitch portion Ray has made them and sometimes has them for sale in the classified.

Rick..........

The lift arm of the FDT dozer hitch actually hits the axle of an RBT. As Dennis points out, modifying them is extremely simple with a cutting tool and welder. You will need a longer rod for the lift function though, as well as a longer angle adjustment rod (I add 9" of round stock, and that's about perfect, then use the longer, spring-loaded RBT lift rods).

20130224_181914.jpg

20130224_183824.jpg

20130224_183841.jpg

20130224_184552.jpg

20130224_190425.jpg