Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

victorsnc

Mesh Seat - aftermarket?

victorsnc

I really like the mesh seats on the new Prestige and Conquest. I have searched the internet and cannot find any aftermarket mesh seats made by anyone. Even the MILSCO website doesn't show any type of mesh seat product.

I need to buy a replacement seat for the 1999 Agco 918H. Has anyone in the club found any type of mesh seat?

midnightpumpkin
quote:Originally posted by Mike

They will come down in price, this is the first year I've seen them. I saw them on Toro's. So they all have them.

id="quote">
id="quote">Last month, I posted on "What's it worth" about a 1952 Mowcycle riding mower that was for sale in my area. It had a similar mesh seat, bottom only.

mow cycle.jpg

Old idea just coming back around.John U

57e05dfcc346b_mowcycle.jpg.ddeb42516060874f5590746223761494.jpg

stevenj

One other thing to consider....we have office chairs that are full mesh backs and mesh bottom cushions. When we first got them they would wear holes in our dress slacks typically, the pocket with the wallet. They had the company come in a swap out the material for a different mesh material that was less abrasive to fabric. Not sure how the tractor seats would compare, but it is something to consider.

victorsnc
quote:Originally posted by stevenj

One other thing to consider....we have office chairs that are full mesh backs and mesh bottom cushions. When we first got them they would wear holes in our dress slacks typically, the pocket with the wallet. They had the company come in a swap out the material for a different mesh material that was less abrasive to fabric. Not sure how the tractor seats would compare, but it is something to consider.

id="quote">
id="quote">My wallet is so thin, there is no way the mesh seat would wear a hole in my pants. As a matter of fact, my wallet is so empty that it has become a vacuum and the wear would be the least there. sm01