Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
osenga

Steel run

osenga

A good buddy called me yesterday while I was on my lunch break. Since he drives truck he knew there would be no way he was able to get back in time and asked if I could stop and grap what he needed. so I went in told them at the yard what I wanted and looked out in the scrap yard. Just to see what they had while I waited on it to get cut.And its just pouring out. And I spot this.pics are after I get home due to the rain.

306.JPG

307.JPG

It had to been hauled into the yard since it was split in half. Fromt half looks as it was rolled off but the rearend looked like the crane grabbed it. So i did get to save some of it.as they loaded it into my truck I was in a hurry to cut the gas tank out.

308.JPG

309.JPG

Since there was no cap on it i got the water dumped out and this is what it looks like after a good dry.And today after I got home from work still raining got it unloaded and just stuck a set of jumper cables on the engine and it turns over good has a faint spark so I think the old 10hp engine will live. And a few other nice parts safe too.

306.JPG.c1346663087bf41d93cf9a5f12679a32.JPG

307.JPG.54579943be436fba2a7adef4fd92df2a.JPG

308.JPG.63421844ef2d64633b537a913bbcd311.JPG

309.JPG.7bae54984d142c92ba7d2c8e95069daa.JPG

osenga

Dennis I'll post upon knowing outcome of the engine.

Scott yes was at CTC didn't figure it was there all to long. Should of yelled at me was around house all day saturday could of shot some bull.

Jon thanks man probably one of the better tanks I have but can never have enough spares

GLPointon

Thats awesome!!! I just love those kind of stories, talk about being at the right place at the right time! Did you thank your buddy for asking you to run the errand for him?

Congrats Bryan dOd

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• littleram8
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts