Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ka9bxg

New to me 4040

ka9bxg

Picked up a simplicity 4040 the other day.When checking out a few things as I greased the spindles. The one wheel seemed to move funny. Well I took off the hub to find that someone must have not wanted to spend the money on new bearings so they put in a few pieces of pvc tubing instead of the bearings. While looking at a few other places I discovered that some one changed the engine out and I have a nice cck 20 hp in it but what a mess the wiring is.Fun to work on.Bob

fishnwiz

Hi Bob,

Don,t you just love when people do that kind of stuff? I had a 716 with a cone clutch held on by JB weld! PMO.

Best of luck and hope that is the last of the jerry rigged items.

Marty-MN

It is always hard for me to understand why people take a path that will make there life harder in the long run rather than doing it right the first time. Good luck with the new tractor they are nice units when they are working right.