Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
John_RI

briggs carb question: 391065 vs. 392587

John_RI

I'm looking for some help replacing a carburetor on a 12 Hp side shaft briggs 300421 cast iron engine. I see on ebay auctions for briggs part# 392587 which look identical to the large flo-jet I'm looking for. In some cases the auctions state that the 392587 is a replacement for the 391065 (which is what my IPL lists as correct for my 300421). Does anyone know or have any experience with these briggs 392587 carbs?

Thanks John_ri

John_RI

Thanks Bryan - That's pretty much what I do also, just swap 4-bolt for 4-bolt, and 3 for 3. My question is really with regard to whether or not an 'advertised' # 392587 is an OK replacement for a # 391065. The Pic's on ebay look like it will, but when I look up #392587 on 'Jack's' it shows a picture of what looks like a 'pulsa-jet' carb, not a flo-jet. Thanks again -