Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

look what I brought home

jboehler

I bought it in marine IL.Got a blade and mower deck with it,found a dealer sticker on it to find that it was sold new in nevada MO about 35 miles south of my house and I had to drive around 500 miles to get it.

big ten 1.jpg

big ten 2.jpg

big ten 3.jpg

big ten 4.jpg

big ten 5.jpg

57e057f389115_bigten1.jpg.9272375abdb6b4222af0ade8288e7270.jpg

57e057f3c0a8a_bigten2.jpg.036962cfbe8120c0754e12b0036318ce.jpg

57e057f3ce976_bigten3.jpg.b3866c02f421f4603f73baca043d773b.jpg

57e057f3da565_bigten4.jpg.f4e3ea0002b541e5237ff0ec282d3447.jpg

57e057f3e39e9_bigten5.jpg.82f06651cac62e090f057e8663288c22.jpg

dOd Nice BigTen. Orange wheels likely came off a later tractor . Early 700 series had narrow front rims...Dave

It's amazing haw far these little guys travel! Of course I personally know of 3 that are spread out across the country! Nice little ole round hood! Wheel color says Bolens to me but then the front tires look like the right type.

quote:Originally posted by ReedS

It's amazing haw far these little guys travel! Of course I personally know of 3 that are spread out across the country! Nice little ole round hood! Wheel color says Bolens to me but then the front tires look like the right type.

id="quote">
id="quote">I think you are right on the Bolens wheel color Reed. Don't know what I was thinking at the time I posted. Of course the 700 series had white wheels. Doh!!! Dave

Nice find Jacob dOdIf thats original condition then that tractor was well cared for. Lucky it has newer seat cusions, lots of owners replace those cool lookin seats with a farm store replacement seat :Y Congrats & Good luck sm01

quote:Originally posted by jboehler

I bought it in marine IL.Got a blade and mower deck with it,found a dealer sticker on it to find that it was sold new in nevada MO about 35 miles south of my house and I had to drive around 500 miles to get it.

big ten 1.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">

Nice find Jacob. Looks much better than it did in the CL pictures. I watched that one for weeks. If I'd have had a place for it I'd have bought it weeks ago.

It wasn't that far from you Chris,it was in better condition than the pics showed on craigslist,it has been cared for by someone in life.The guy I bought it from said that if he didn't get it sold he was considering hauling it off for scrap iron sure glade I decided to buy it.

Jacob, You've inspired me. I've decided I will start buying tractors again, regardless of the consequeces. Yes I think that tractor was only about an hour away, in fact I was over that way in the last few weeks. Glad somebody saved it. I'm considering getting some pallet racking so I can fit four or five more in the shed.