Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro lift- not lifting

cojo92

I have a hydro lift on my 3012V. It lifts and lowers with a plow hitch on it without the plow, but if i stand on the hitch or put the plow on it wont lift it. it holds the plow in the air and lowers it fine but if its in the air when i move the hydro lift lever to raise it more it drops right down XX( . Any suggestions? I really would like to get it working as i would like to put it on my B-110 this summer.

Mike,

First, i would check the fluid, you may have a leak or something.

Second, your pump may need rebuilt.(I'd do this after i checked the fluid)

Brenden

sounds like the lever maybe out of adjustment . slide the locking plate to adjust. dont expect it to lift you up but it should lift attachments. change the oil and keep working it. most the time its the O-rings in the cylinder bad and are easy to change.

The plunger in the relief valve may have a groove in the face where it seats, or the spring may be weak. This lets the oil pass at a too low pressure. Just a couple of other things to check.

The pumps and overhaul kits are still available from Parker but are rather pricey. Another possibility is that the piston seals are worn out allowing pressure bypass. Most of us are using regular O-rings to replace the factory seals. A good hydraulic repair shop will have all you need, also search for Daddycat's hydraulic rebuild article (it may be on the Resources page), there's a lot of good info there too!

thanks for the input guys i think ill take it an check the internals.

PS: I forgot to add that i rebuilt it with an oring kit that a member here was selling. i bought 2 kits used most of one (didnt rebuild the piston that goes under the tractor) buthave now misplaced the other kit. I did all this 3 or 4 years ago, but because college and my model a project i didnt mess with the pump or the tractor. Now that i dug it out of the back of the garage i want to make the pump work before i take it off and sell the tractor.