Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Small stuff counts too

Talntedmrgreen

I've been outta the tractor chasin loop for a while now (or at least it feels like it). There isn't a whole lot on my want list, but I had a 'want' ad out for one of those 27" blowers for the Serf I'm keeping for my son. A simple want ad yields LOTS of responses, very rarely pertaining to the subject of the ad :I

And so, a local fella had contacted me about some small frame attachments, and I finally found time to make the 20 min jaunt down to his place. Spend over an hour just shooting the bull...my favorite part! Pretty sure I made a new tractor buddy sm01

20130414_112300-1.jpg

Grabbed these up...they are all nearly new. A 30" tiller, Revitalizer and 40" grader with hitches for small and large frame machines.

20130414_112639-1.jpg

20130414_112751-1.jpg

20130414_112901-1.jpg

20130414_113037-1.jpg

While we chatted, and looked around at his collection, he offered up a 60" spring trip dozer. I was in the market for a dozer hitch for a 7100 series, so why not? ;) Pretty nice fab work...

20130414_112450-1.jpg

20130414_112457-1.jpg

20130414_112509-1.jpg

On my way out, he stopped me and gave me a dealer souvenir! dOd Probably 35' of the stuff, and just enough to run the length of the shop! sm03

20130414_113140-1.jpg

Was a fun morning, and I'm lookin forward to some small frame fun for me and my boy, when his time comes. d:)

Josh, if the belly grader becomes a loose cannon in the future PM me first please.Great finds by the way....Dave

Dave, I need to bolster the paypal acct, and have a 42" grader for a large frame that will hit the auction block shortly, if that tickles your fancy. Otherwise, I think Dan just brought home a 40" for a small frame too. Probably could talk him out of it ;)

Wow, nice finds :P

Maybe you could talk your wife in to hanging that banner on your Christmas tree this year? Would look great with that Serf next to it:O;)

quote:Originally posted by jfrank1962

Maybe you could talk your wife in to hanging that banner on your Christmas tree this year? Would look great with that Serf next to it:O;)

id="quote">
id="quote">That is a fantasic idea!

I'm curious to see how the big old dozer will do in snow. I figure it will be fantastic for those typical 1-4" snows, and will probably leave it on the diesel. May have to fill some tires for next winter. It's a heavy SOB though...he has a road grader cutting edge on it. Looks to be about 1/2". Will be interesting to see how the 7100 series hydrolift does with it. Pushing snow means lots of up, down, up, down...

I am using a non-Simplicity 48 inch spring-trip blade. It does great with 8 inches of heavy wet snow on my AC 716H. I have not tried it with anything deeper, since we seldom get large snows here in VA. It has been several years since we got anything more than about 3 inches, and I don't waste my time pushing a snow that small. Don't want piles laying around for a week.

Congrats Josh!! What model is a 60" spring trip plow for? Is it for a powermax? I've never seen larger than 48" on the 7000-900 series machines

Also is the Revitalizer the same as an EZ-Rake or is it an aerator too?

The dozer is a combo of 2 46" spring trip dozers, with an RBT hitch. They welded 6" of one dozer to the end of the other.

The Revitalizer is the same as it's larger 38" brother, minus 8" of width, and setup to run off the small frames. It dethatches a bit, but aerates by cutting slits in the top layer of soil.

Thanks...I'm running blind here at work, some pics wont show up if they go thru photobucket or the like...I remember the revitalizer now...Thats what Ray used to overseed a thin patch in his yard. Nice attachment to have dOd

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

The dozer is a combo of 2 46" spring trip dozers, with an RBT hitch. They welded 6" of one dozer to the end of the other. The Revitalizer is the same as it's larger 38" brother, minus 8" of width, and setup to run off the small frames. It dethatches a bit, but aerates by cutting slits in the top layer of soil.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Josh, can't tell from the picture, are the ends of the grader hitch bent or curved upward where they mount to the tractor??

No, this is the earlier version with straight ends. I believe all else is the same, however.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

No, this is the earlier version with straight endsid="red">. I believe all else is the same, however.

id="quote">
id="quote">So mine with curved ends is not "wrong" just later??Excuse my ignorance, I just know nothing about the small frames.Also, I don't have a large frame to measure, but this blade looks to be not as high as the large frame ones that I've had before

Correct, the small frame blade is both narrower and shorter (not as tall as the large frame blade) If you look up the manuals on Simplicity's site for both small frame 40" grader models (1600006

& 990298), they provide much of the same documents, both showing the straight hitch. BUT...I've looked over brochure pics, and the curved begins showing up with later Broadmoors...say, the 738 or later, perhaps. It's tough to tell, becuase they use the same pics and snippets in brochures over and over, but only the straight version shows up in the early photos of the roundhood small Broadmoors. The PO of mine had it part of an original package for his 738, but dealers surely carried over inventory, etc.

I would think the curved design is an improvement for grading/leveling...it would made the blade itself more perpendicular to the working surface by changing up that hitch angle a bit. I bet the straight hitch gives more bite, which is something an operator would battle a bit on something as small as a Yeoman or Serf. probably way too much thought for such a small setup ;)