Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Newbie with Snow/ dozer blade question

burger213

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a well taken care of 7119 with a tiller. I also picked up a 990299 plow blade thinking most blades/plows would fit. This blade seems to fit the smaller frame tractors?? My question is- Has anyone been able to modify this blade/hitch to fit a larger frame tractor?? Also I had been planning on just using a piece of flat stock as a lift arm but the cooling fins on the engine stick out far enough to where a straight shot won't work. Any ideas on that or will I need the OEM lift rod?? Thanks

You are correct...the hitch is for a small frame tractor. i wouldn't bother modding it, just find the correct hitch for the later model large frames. The correct lift rod, or a fab version with correct bends will get you past your engine.

Actually...I have the hitch you need here.. It belongs to a buddy, but I fixed him up with a remote angle dozer recently, so he has this as an extra. I can ask if he wants to part with it.

That would be great!! Let me know what he wants for it. I actually picked up the tractor from a guy in Allegan and picked a 42" mower deck for it from another guy in Allegan all in the same trip. You wouldn't know anyone with grader blade would ya? Also looking for wheel weights and possibly chains. Plan on using the tiller for our garden and then I have an area I'm going to till and then use the plow to scrap off about 4" inches to put in a gravel area next my drive.

I actually have a grader here that I was going to list as well. I'm waiting to hear back from my buddy on that dozer. He's probably going to want to sell it complete, with the blade though.

Nice to hear of someone else local! I'm in Dorr, and get around to a few guys places in Allegan fairly often. I don't recall any of them having a 7119 though. That's a great looking machine...well cared for!