Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

MDB

Off brand info needed

MDB

Ok Guys,I know I could get thrown out for this but bear with me...This was my Great Grand Fathers rider, 1962 MTD Lawn Flite 4HP or what is left of it...

MTD.jpg

Here is a restored version of what it should look likehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGO5s00-W8oAll I really need is a hood so I can do a restoration.Has anyone seen one of these around?Thanks

MTD.jpg.9e11fd2c589428d3e52c9120109d05d6.jpg

osenga

Mike, that is a cool old machine you got there. And better yet a really cool keepsake!! I would say start the restore of it and you can always build it as you find the parts and know in time they should show up.

But the best question I have to ask is if you do restore it what color wouldn't become?

We all know you won't say that green word haha

MDB

Jim,

Thanks for checking for me, That is why I posted this here because I knew someone would possibly have a lead on some parts.

Brian,

Probably go with the metallic green for originality.....:D

rokon2813
quote:Originally posted by PGL

Good luck with an interesting machine. What is the engine make and how does the power get from it to the chain drive?

id="quote">
id="quote">Most of those little machines are belt drive under the body back to that little gear box.Quite often, the blade is also attached directly to the crank, so like a push mower if the engine is running, so is the blade.

MDB
quote:Originally posted by MPH

Interesting looking ole machine. Looks about as rough as the shed behind it.:D

id="quote">
id="quote">And here is what happened to the building......666

fire.jpg

fire.jpg.ce1b4ba73e5f64ff0479794f7e287f8c.jpg