Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Off brand info needed

MDB

Ok Guys,I know I could get thrown out for this but bear with me...This was my Great Grand Fathers rider, 1962 MTD Lawn Flite 4HP or what is left of it...

MTD.jpg

Here is a restored version of what it should look likehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGO5s00-W8oAll I really need is a hood so I can do a restoration.Has anyone seen one of these around?Thanks

MTD.jpg.9e11fd2c589428d3e52c9120109d05d6.jpg

Mike, that is a cool old machine you got there. And better yet a really cool keepsake!! I would say start the restore of it and you can always build it as you find the parts and know in time they should show up.

But the best question I have to ask is if you do restore it what color wouldn't become?

We all know you won't say that green word haha

Mike,

I'll check with a local "collector". He has a couple acres with some of those kind of units. That would be a great project with your family connection.

Jim,

Thanks for checking for me, That is why I posted this here because I knew someone would possibly have a lead on some parts.

Brian,

Probably go with the metallic green for originality.....:D

quote:Originally posted by PGL

Good luck with an interesting machine. What is the engine make and how does the power get from it to the chain drive?

id="quote">
id="quote">Most of those little machines are belt drive under the body back to that little gear box.Quite often, the blade is also attached directly to the crank, so like a push mower if the engine is running, so is the blade.

quote:Originally posted by MPH

Interesting looking ole machine. Looks about as rough as the shed behind it.:D

id="quote">
id="quote">And here is what happened to the building......666

fire.jpg

fire.jpg.ce1b4ba73e5f64ff0479794f7e287f8c.jpg

That is one tired old gal. That restoration is going to require some incredible dedication and a whole lotta love.......