Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cschmidt62

Grandkids....ya gotta love them!

cschmidt62

I bought a 707 broadmoor at an auction last Saturday for my grandkids. I thought it would be fun to see them putt around the yard on a tractor more their size. I was talking to my eight year old granddaughter who’s mother is in the Navy stationed out in southern California telling her I got her and her cousins their own tractor. She immediately wanted to come and see it. I told her it wasn’t running yet and that’s when she said....

“But PaPa…can’t you use your PaPa wisdom and make it run?”

I love my grandkids!sm01

colincox1

I did the same ish, I bought an old cub 124, and let them cut their teeth on that first, with a graduation to the 7117 and sovereign with power steering. My granddaughter is a vital play in pulling out small trees, she reverses up, I take the steel rope and hook and apply to the tree while holding in place she justs creeps away and when its all nice and secure, she then pushes the loud lever and out comes the tree. a perfect team the tractor and us two. and Yes I do lovem all.