Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sickle pics for Josh

rokon2813

Not sure what brand it was, I've never seen the.. the.. thrower ??part that appears to throw all the fallen weeds to one side.The rock guards, all but one are aluminum. It runs off the center pto, but the belt rubs a little. I had to put a longer belt on my pto to run it with the long belt it came with. If it had a longer one, so my pto could be shorter it would lower the belt just a bit and maybe not rub.I also wanna try twisting the belt the other way and see what happens, gotta watch it run and see which way it's supposed to turn. Direction of rotation wouldnt matter for the cutter bar I don't think, but it does for the thrower thingy I think because it goes up and down as it goes sideways.This thing is so old it has oil cups rather than grease fittings. In the garage it works great, vibrates less than an A/C bar and runs quieter. :o:O

sickle front.jpg

sickle mount.jpg

sickle drive.jpg

57e057f5a9885_sicklefront.jpg.76236132d5402c8710cb774f74dd8dfe.jpg

57e057f5b78f0_sicklemount.jpg.3cdf3cfd2373017eb2f195fefadd8833.jpg

57e057f5c8ce1_sickledrive.jpg.2ebbfd1688605ec4f492745930c44f93.jpg

the cutter head maybe a wheel horse but it does not look exact . it does not look like any other of the big brand walk behinds ?.

32inch_cutter_bar_CBR-32.jpg

Thanks for the pics Dan! I was away from a computer all day yesterday and can't post here from my phone...but I browsed the web looking at any and all walk behind sicklebars, and I can't find anything that looks like what you have. I like the 'flipper'...not moving the cut stuff away was one thing that always got me wondering with the front mount WH mowers.

I would love to see it in action. Is it connected to the lift? I can't tell if it could be angled up, or if that would bind the belt.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I browsed the web looking at any and all walk behind sicklebars, and I can't find anything that looks like what you have.

id="quote">
id="quote">It's not a wheel horse, I did not see any like either on the web