Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allice first photo post

John33051

This is the first post for Allice. It began life as a B212. I made the changes that I wanted.

Allice .JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

B112 Hood with hour meter and hydraulic pressure gauge.I wanted a cast iron front axle for the weight of the FEL so changed to a cub cadet cast drilled for the AC spindles. Allice now has trailer tires on the front. Bright finished parts, seat brackets, front grill, and loader parts are polished stainless steel.Remodeling Allice has been the most enjoyment I have had in a long time with a machine.

57e057f64556b_Allice.JPG.8ce6982f00f1e625527046136e74581b.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG.27208185d0387dc7bce96a0ee92d49ae.JPG

WOW.....What an AWESOME tractor that you have...You should be proud of the excellent work you have done. NICE JOB! LOOKS GREAT!dOd

Awesome...Great fab work & nice tractor dOd

That is a Kwik-Way Loader, I have the same model I adapted to an AC410 in the link below if interested. I also want to see more. Like where your tank & pump are, and the other mods...We like lotsa pics

I too had a great time doing it...it was my most expensive, difficult & fun project ever! I'd do it again anytime sm01

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120977

I'd like to see more too.

Looks like the pump is where the starter generator used to be...

I don't see much subframe. I'd be afraid of breaking the tractor in half unless there is more that we can't see.

Thanks for all of your comments and interest. Greg, you did a great job on your renovation. Your loader is the same model as the one I have. The 5 qt. hydraulic reservoir is on the right side attached to the lower end of the rear upright box tube where it attaches to the box tube that runs under the frame. It fits because there isn't any running boards on the B212. You can see in the photos of the front of the tractor the below the starter generator the shinny bracket where the hydraulic pump mounts. I am in the process of building a copy of the Kwick Way loader in polished stainless steel including a replacement bucket that will be smaller and not as wide. I think the original bucket is too big for my tractor. Among the many changes made so far, the best change was to replace the original control valve with a "Brand" joy stick controller with float. I also added a level bucket indicator so I can tell when the bucket is level. I was really simple and works great. I'll take photos of that for you as I can. Not having a sub-frame is a concern. I am in the process of building a small backhoe for Allice. I am going to follow Gregs lead on the sub-frame made for his tractor, it is really a great one. When I mount the backhoe I will tie it all together with a sub-frame like Gregs.

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0285 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

Photos of Allice's hydraulic pump and reservoir mounting.

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

570 X 8 trailer tire to handle the weight of the FEL

I timed out on the photo upload.Here are photos of the bucket level indicator rod. The rod is welded to a 1" collar and is attached to the 3/4" bucket cylinder pin. The oversized collar give it some play.

IMG_0424.JPG

Bucket up

IMG_0426.JPG

Bucket level

IMG_0427.JPG

Bucket down

IMG_0428.JPG

Collar with rod welded to it and on bucket cylinder pin

IMG_0429.JPG

Rod and guide attach to the upper pin of the self leveling bracket

Love the pics, beautiful tractor/loader combo

Nice job on the fab work...The front axle was an excelent idea...Your pump & tank placement is great. Very nice workmanship dOd I'm gonna make a bucket level indicator like that. Its hard to see when that big bucket is level from the seat...Another good idea

ps...Just watch that frame, where it meets the BGB is the spot that seems to crack.

quote:I am in the process of building a copy of the Kwick Way loader in polished stainless steel id="quote">
id="quote">

we definitely are going to need some pics of that :D

super nice job on the tractor/loader ^