Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mikeman

Another one saved

RayS

The problem is not your upload or atleast more than likely it isn`t an upload issue.

The site is being moved to a new server. Not sure if it is finished yet but evidently not. I can not see pictures in any show and tell post but I can in talking tractors.

So I would say the move isn`t complete yet.

Kent

There may have been a small window in time where pics that were being loaded got lost last night -- as we were moving to the new server. The move took place between 10PM and shortly after midnight Eastern.

The problem is caused by having to change the Domain Name Servers throughout the entire internet, which isn't an "instant switch." It takes time for that HTTP address change to propogate throughout the world. Meanwhile, someone's ISP (such as Comcast) could still be pointing toward the old address while the site had been physically moved to the new address.

The text content of the posts/replies isn't as problematic, since all that is stored in a database that's actually running on a different machine. The pictures are stored in a server's file system and file folders - so each picture has to be physically copied and put in the right location. Meanwhile, some pics being uploaded could've gone to the old server...

Anyway, I think that's what likely happened.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• rokon2813
    • Rigger9020
    • locknut
  • Today's Birthdays

1. JoggerFogger
      JoggerFogger
      (48 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• MARK (LI)

MARK (LI)  »  Alltractoredup

...This is Mark from Long Island ....Gene told me that you are selling  FEL for a Sunstar....the link he sent me does not take me to it ...I am not on FB myself, but my wife is...is it just on the AC  / Simple group, or is it on the Marketplace?
      · 2 replies
    • F.U.N.

F.U.N.  »  sandyhillbill

Dear Sandhillbill
      Can you please copy me on this data, for Sun Star parts list.
      :
      September 12, 2004 Mike I sent you a PM and have all the mfgs. available for the tiller/hitch/pto/liftgroup if you need me to send them to you. Let me know. Thanks, F.U.N.    
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts