Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplewrench

Saturday was good to me

simplewrench

I went to an auction Saturday 4/20, about 55 miles nw of me. there was a 725 on the auction, looked good in the pictures so I thought it was worth the ride to check it out.

Simpl 725.jpg

simpl725.jpg

725briggs.jpg

I did have a couple of guys bid against me but I was pretty surprised when I bought it for only $65. I brought it home put a battery in it replaced the brittle broken fuel line and it stared right up. Another pleasant surprise. It doesn't have the mid pto and I can't decide if it every did, it does have a rear lift. Seems to burn a little oil. It has had some repainting, the ID tag is missing, the engine tag says it is from 66 so that is a replcement, but still a nice little unit. I'm very happy to have it. Should look good with my belly grader.

57e057fb65d51_Simpl725.jpg.89b815791512c046bf9a14383be948c1.jpg

simpl725.jpg.d28648a8f09fdd1a15e4a666a8513984.jpg

725briggs.jpg.981a684abda3c2f6e7d6ac7b104c15f4.jpg

simplewrench

Thanks Osenga. I just got on a Briggs site and discovered that the serial number (662334) does not mean that it was made in 66 as I had thought, but in July of 1962 so it is an original engine after all. Bonus.

GLPointon

Excelent find & great bidding dOd That is a real deal!! Congrats

I think that can use a mid pto from an early B1-b12 if the lever mounts the same...I think?....anyway nice score

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. ZippoVarga
      ZippoVarga
      (54 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts