Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saturday was good to me

simplewrench

I went to an auction Saturday 4/20, about 55 miles nw of me. there was a 725 on the auction, looked good in the pictures so I thought it was worth the ride to check it out.

Simpl 725.jpg

simpl725.jpg

725briggs.jpg

I did have a couple of guys bid against me but I was pretty surprised when I bought it for only $65. I brought it home put a battery in it replaced the brittle broken fuel line and it stared right up. Another pleasant surprise. It doesn't have the mid pto and I can't decide if it every did, it does have a rear lift. Seems to burn a little oil. It has had some repainting, the ID tag is missing, the engine tag says it is from 66 so that is a replcement, but still a nice little unit. I'm very happy to have it. Should look good with my belly grader.

57e057fb65d51_Simpl725.jpg.89b815791512c046bf9a14383be948c1.jpg

simpl725.jpg.d28648a8f09fdd1a15e4a666a8513984.jpg

725briggs.jpg.981a684abda3c2f6e7d6ac7b104c15f4.jpg

That's one nice looking tractor and cfor that price I would of been bidding against ya lol. And for it to run that's even a plus to it. And you will have fun on it with the grader

Thanks Osenga. I just got on a Briggs site and discovered that the serial number (662334) does not mean that it was made in 66 as I had thought, but in July of 1962 so it is an original engine after all. Bonus.

The P.o. had the hitch mounted up high and drilled out I assume for pulling a trailer around.

Incredible win! Yes, I beleive mid pto's were optional early on. She'll do a nice job with the grader.

Excelent find & great bidding dOd That is a real deal!! Congrats

I think that can use a mid pto from an early B1-b12 if the lever mounts the same...I think?....anyway nice score