Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sundstrand Hydro Noise

victorsnc

You know that "different noise" that a Sunstrand 15 hydro makes in reverse? Not saying it is a bad noise - just a different noise.

Well, my mid 1990's Agco Allis 918H has started making that same reverse noise - WHILE TRAVELLING FORWARD, and makes the former forward noise WHILE IN REVERSE. I am not imagining this, my son (with better hearing than me) compared the Agco in forward to the Sovereign in reverse - and they sound exactly the same.

This all started when I pulled it out of the shed this spring. I have no idea what it means, or if it means anything at all.

Was raising the mower deck and just popped a hydraulic hose. Pulled the deck and it is the Lift Hose attached to the bottom of the hydraulic cylinder. COINCIDENCE ?? or a symptom of a problem with the pump when combined with the noise issue in the first post??

Unless someone has monkeyed with the relief valve setting the hose is likely just a freak thing.

As for the hydro, a good servicing and filter change should restore the hydro to normal sounds. Use a Wix or OEM filter only. Under no terms should you use a Fram on the hydro...