Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New helpful discovery today

rpickle

Atleast I hope it is helpful... Every now and then, my Sovereign (CH18) when started, the starter kind of clicked like it had a low battery. In fact, I charged the battery to full and it started normally. Anyway, what I found, as it was acting up again, I pressed on the hydro lever so that it was firmly on the neutral switch. Starter engaged like new and spun the tractor over nicely. Let up on the hydro lever and back to the chunky starter. So, I had a better functioning switch in the "spares" bin. Replaced and starts like a champ. I was beginning to think I was going to replace a starter soon. Not anymore:)

Rick, also the blue signal wire to starter solenoid has been a problem at times. You might have to install a Bosch relay to entirely eliminate the problem, similar to when you did your re-engine from last year.

Sometimes the trees are in the way of the forest. I have already started to diagnose a problem only to find out I ran out of gas!sm00 Sometimes its the simple things. Life is good!