Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
oldjoe

removing rear wheel on my 4211

oldjoe

tire completely flat off bead--took off retaining spring and washer, put penetrating oil in yesterday but cannot pull wheel off. seems seized - wheel has never been off, any suggestions?

BLT

If the wheel has two holes in face, you'll have to find a puller . I think though , you'll have to remove transaxle and stand it on the good side and pour penetrating oil down the bad side and the apply heat to the frozen area to help come off with a puller. I am affraid to say removing it will not be easy.

littlemarv

Last summer I removed one- I pulled with a puller, heated it with a torch, air hammered on the hub, and whacked the forcing screw with a hammer. Repeatedly. Finally got it off, it was stretched so far from pulling that the offset was noticably different. Luckily, I put the rim in a press and pushed it back, and it ran straight as an arrow.

If all you want is a tire that holds air, I would get or borrow some tire spoons and just slip one side off the rim and sneak a tube in.

Mike

I had one that no matter what I did I couldn't get it off, went straight to the junk man, large frames for me from there on out

rm

starting fluid and a match. thats what i use to get them to seat.

make sure the tire is off the ground. and stand BACK when u tiss the match at it!!!!

perry

before you ruin the rim , just strip the tire off the rim and put a new one on . couple screw drivers , soapy water, quick and simple. wramp a rachet strap around new tire to help get air in it or use a tube.