Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RandyBuxton

Van Sickle Paint

RandyBuxton

I'm getting ready (finally) to paint the yellow pieces of my B10 restore project. I just got off the phone with a fellow at the Van Sickle Paint Co. and he said the paint to order is code CML-3016 with the note B-10 along with it.

Anyone else here use that particular paint scheme CML-3016/B10?

Thanks.

RandyBuxton

Van Sickle Paint can be ordered from Trojan Specialty Products at 800/279-1770. I just got of the phone with a fellow there. Price for one gallon of CML-3016 for the B10 is $63.96 for equipment enamel and $112 for acrylic enamel, 6 cans of spray paint is $35.94 ($5.99 each) for equipment enamel and $88.02 ($14.67 each) for acrylic enamel.

Minimum custom paint orders, such as this, are 6 spray cans, 1 qt., or 1 gal.

Shipping about $15 from where ever to me in Virginia.

Thoughts on acrylic versus equipment enamel?

RayS

What`s the paint code for the acrylic enamel in the same color? Is the acrylic enamel a Van Sickle product as well?

Here is a statement on Van Sickle`s website in their acrylic enamel link. urethane would be better yet.

"Superior Gloss and Color Retention to Alkyd Enamels"

urethane would be better yet.

Bottom line it just depends on how much you want to spend and how long you want it to last.

My Deutz in the link below was done with Agco paint which is made by Valspar. I believe it is an alkyd enamel, but maybe an acrylic. I would have to check the can. It was done 4 years ago and is stored indoors. So it hasn`t faded and looks good enough to suit me.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=105355&SearchTerms=finally