Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

32" tiller drive pulley size

peterinbrooklyn

does anybody know what size the drive pulley is supposed to be on the 32" tiller for a FDT? I have the original 32" tiller for my garden mark and I have the correct mule drive for it (with correct pullies and the belts (new)) but the belt from the mule drive to the tiller is too short...Im wondering if somebody put a different pulley on and painted it to match the tiller (otherwise it looks like the original pulley

Drive pulley on tiller side a nominal 5" and the driven a nominal 6". I measured my AC version but they should all(AC-Simp) be the same.What was the measurement of the old belt?

You need a 3" pulley. That's why I asked in the other post...many guys start off with the larger pulley needed for other rear attachments vs teh correct, smaller pulley. P/N 105176. Should be 7/8" bore to fit the BGB shaft.

yes josh...not the BGB pulley...I have the correct one...as far as I know I have all the correct pullies...its just that the belt from the mule drive pulley to the tiller drive pulley is too short.

This one. Unless someone measures before I do, I'll be tilling my garden over the weekend, I'll throw a tape across the pulleys and post my results.Don't forget to loosen the tension adjustment when trying to install the belt. Don't ask me how I know.sm00sm00

Tiller%20Drive3.jpg

Installed a Gates 6945 5/8" x 45 that fit mine.

(Parts book belt crossed with 42" however it was too short so by trial, error and road trips.)

ok...so I looked at the pulley on the tiller itself and it for sure not the original one like I thought...what size should it be?

I think the flat top and round top are the same, can check later to be sure. I should have one off already that I can measure.

6 1/2 by 5/8 bore

quote:Originally posted by rokon2813

I think the flat top and round top are the same, can check later to be sure. I should have one off already that I can measure.6 1/2 by 5/8 bore

id="quote">
id="quote">Mine is: 6 1/2 x 5/8 bore

Is the tensioner / adjuster free??

If you turn the handle all the way, does the pulley move forward ?

On mine the screw handle turned fine, but the pivot point was froze up so the pulley wasnt moving.

Sorry for the confusion! I need to read ALL the details from now on ;)

I have had a few of those PTO's that were siezed, and they are a bummer.