Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fuel Line Routing on B10

MittenB10

Working on getting the factory side panels on my B10. Since I have never had side panels for this machine....

Can anybody provide some pictures of the left side of theirs showing how the fuel line is routed?

Thanks!

My fuel line which I believe was original (I could be wrong)seeing it was as hard as steel runs out the bottom of the tank toward the front of the tractor and behind the left panel and exits thru a small opening in the top left side of panel and then runs down under the air cleaner and around the front of the carb bowl and into the fuel fitting. I added a filter and shutoff on mine. This Route has the fuel line level and downward instead of having fuel run up in a loop.

IMG_4023.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG.4758a0e878728e86fa7375085086fc78.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG.af5194fc67583627b174d90fd8191213.JPG

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

My fuel line which I believe was original (I could be wrong)seeing it was as hard as steel runs out the bottom of the tank toward the front of the tractor and behind the left panel and exits thru a small opening in the top left side of panel and then runs down under the air cleaner and around the front of the carb bowl and into the fuel fitting. I added a filter and shutoff on mine. This Route has the fuel line level and downward instead of having fuel run up in a loop.

id="quote">
id="quote">I think you're correct in your routing... based on the pics and tractors I've seen. The later "flat-hoods" have a formed cutout there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

I had been traveling and am just now able to get back to this. My side panels do not appear to have that relief for a fuel line. I like the routing and look of this setup and will probably make the necessary modifications to do so.

fish- does your tank use a 90-degree fitting out the bottom?

Yes...45 degree. You can run it thru the so called firewall and back up to the carb if need be.