Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

L-12 LOADER!!!!!!!!

SethL007

well thanks to nathan i am the PROUD owner of a L-12 loader for one of my HB's. would like to fab an original style subframe but this one will do for now!! i have been wanting a loader for a long time so today i feel like a kid at christmas. i can see already that this will be quite a useful piece to have around. o and by the way the hd tiller is quite a counter weight!!! i believe i will be ordering a set of 23-10.50 bar tires for the rear yet.

loader1.jpg

loader2.jpg

loader3.jpg

loader4.jpg

loader5.jpg

loader6.jpg

You will absolutely LOVE the loader. I spent 2 hours on my B10 Loader tractor today loading the manure spreader.

I had NAPA cut me new hydraulic hoses. I also have a homemade subframe but it works.

2013-04-20144944_zps00a29ed2.jpg

lol no question there!!! as soon as it was mounted i just had to go out with it. weights will be off this week!!!

Glad you got the setup! Did you find antoher, or did you bribe Nathan out of his? :I Always neat to hear where they come from. They are invaluable, and I have 3 big jobs lined up already this spring for mine. They are handy, big shovels, that work great in the 'burbs where fence openings, or turf damager are concerns.

You're gonna enjoy it!

Ah yes....the 455 has gotten him bleeding the wrong color, has it? ;)

In all seriousness, those JD's are a great machine, but I'd have to sell my GMC to afford one.

Awesome loader! That was sold originally just down the road from me. I think I better get that from you so I can bring it back home! ;)

The L-12 is a great loader! and that sub frame looks great. Did you fab that? any pics of it? As stated before, you'll find tons of uses for that. A most valuable machine!

The Ags would be good for heavier work. I put fluid filled 23x8.5x12 Ags on my loader and they worked great...but I going with the 10.5's very soon :D

Enjoy...nice loader dOd

sorry guys this loader has found its home for a LONG time! Greg, i just ordered my 23-10.50's, would you reccomend loading them???

I've never loaded tires, but I think a loader machine is the perfect candidate for it, and would like to try Rim Guard in mine (I can see their mfg facility from the office window here at work!)

I like to minimize the amount of unecessary weight I add to a tractor...put on what's needed to work effectively, and leave well enough alone. I love cast weights because you can move your weight around, from machine to machine, but fluid is the most effective way to do it. I do still pull the loader from the subframe for front attachments (I really love using the Vickers), but even then, the weight I have on is welcome and I find myself moving weights less and less. I have 270# on mine most of the time, and it's more than enough for what the loader is capable of lifting, and guarantees me a heavy footprint for slick or sloped areas. The wheel spacers and 10.5's help too, but the wider I get, the more weary I become of my axle tube, especially with a ton of weight. I'd never run duals except for shows. Tire width really depends on your turf or soil. This past winter, I almost put the 6" on. Those 10.5's suck in snow, but are great in the soft dirt.

Josh has some good points...If its not gonna be a dedicated "Loader Tractor" like mine then you may want to be able to remove the weight. But I put 6 gals of w/w fluid in each tire & a 25lb iron wheelweight and wow is that a heavy tire...the 10.5's will hold even more fluid. BUT mine is a Kwik-way loader & they recomend 300lbs of rear counterweight. Dont know what your's requires.??

I don't run anything in the tires, just wheels weights and the stinger with two collars. The 10.5 tires work great in the soft horse corral when I'm loading the manure spreader.

well we just got back from Disney World so im trying to catch up with all i missed. I got a good laugh over this thread but Its true, always seeing green at this house. :D To bad all JD guys are A-holes though, the ac-simplicity is a far better crowd, thats no joke. Hopefully will have some pic up this week of the trip and the ac with my new weed cutter thanks to seth. :)

Well Nathan glad to hear you had a safe trip. I figured you would get a kick out of this one! Lol