Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tacey

First Stripes of 2013

Tacey

I haven't posted any stripe pics in a few years. It's hard to believe that the tractors which produce such lawns are 35 and 40 years old.

yard.jpg

orange tractors.jpg

The little Wonder-Boy Super 606 is my new addition.

OrangeMetalGuy

My neighbor, a great guy, bought one of those high-end zt machines, but my 40-year old tractor makes a much better lawn. His doesn't stripe whatsoever.

Maybe if he goes on vacation over the summer I'll get to give his lawn a first-class Simplicity (well, Allis) cut.

GLPointon

Nice fleet...Great looking lawn dOd

I love the 606...I just mowed with my newly purchased/repaired Coronet 13H...the small mowers do a great job. The Coronet "stripes" much better than my bigger machines.

Tacey

GL- Thanks! I bought the Wonder-Boy late last fall for a winter project. I haven't tried to mow with it yet. I marvel at its engineering; just like all the SimpletrACtors!

Superbman - Thanks! The stripes are more vivid later in the year because I raise the blade; that is, I leave the baldes 2 1/2 or 3 inches instead of 2. Also the angle of the sun makes a huge difference. I'm just happy to be mowing instead of plowing snow.

superbman101

We do the same thing on our lawn. Couldn't agree more Tacey; glad the snow is gone time for fishing and restoring these toys outside not cooped up in a shop most of winter

Sign in to follow this