Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

Flex Seal

bowhunt4life

I was given a 32" tiller, box top style, and it had obvious seepage around the lower half of the case.

I figured I would give flex seal a try to stop the fluid leakage.

Hey! If they can seal up a screen door and float a boat or the underside of a S-10 pickup and float it, than it should be able to seal up a 32" tiller.

Anyway I sealed it up good and will post some pictures tonight, if it isn't raining. So I'm gonna give it a try and see what happens, but I think it will hold up well.

Thoughts from the crew?

HubbardRA

I have used it on two roofs and also to seal a crack in the wife's water garden preform liner. It seems to work very well.

timflury

I think it will seal water, not oil. Does it say on the can if it will seal oils?

I DO have to buy some to seal a corner on my gutter.

sb64

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I use it on my boat, and it works great. But i also tried it on an oil leak, and it didn't make any difference. But, it may work for you.

bowhunt4life

No worries as I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I put 4 coats on and waited 45 minutes between coats and have it sitting to cure.

Gonna try it out this weekend.

Oh yeah works great on the gutter, but don't use the black on the white gutterOO

Although the white only took two coats to cover the black:D

GLPointon

It cant hold any pressure...But if the surfaces are clean & dry at time of application then it may seal against oil seepage?? but not pressure...

Good luck sm01

ps...I dont buy anything thats sold by TV pitchmen/tele-marketers...(usually :D)

BLT

Seal All might do the trick, but you really need o have a clean and dry surface, like a brake cleaner or a MAP sesor cleaner. Seal All can be put on in layers and only $4.00 a tube.