Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

78kitty

Battery for 1970 Simplicity 3212V

78kitty

The Group 22NF battery in my 1970 Simplicity 3212V has finally died. The 22NF's are hard to find around here & not cheap. I saw some posts that the Group 58 batteries like the later model Sovereigns used is a little stronger & much more readily available.

I tried to find the answer already, but no luck searching. So, does anyone know if the Group 58 batteries will fit in the last generation / square hood foot drag tractors?

78kitty

Here's a great link that shows the dimensions of all the battery groups http://www.batteryweb.com/bci.cfm.

Also, looks like the 51R is actually a little smaller than the 22NF, which is 0.4" wider & 0.1" taller. The polarity is the same for both (right-hand positive). The Group 51R is much easier to find around here so I will probably go that route.

Tonyvdb

I have one of each in my 7117's, both work equally as well. The 51 R is a tab smaller and also cheaper, around here about $110 for the 22NF at NAPA and $79 for the 51R at Tractor Supply.