Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wings

yukon

picked up a 42 inch snowblower the other day and i got the manual with it, strange thing is its got 3 inch wings on it the manual doesn't say anything about it but they look like factory has anyone ever seen wings like these

IMG_3233.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG

IMG_3233.JPG.41f8ac1de37f702d922acd57ed06df50.JPG

IMG_3234.JPG.2ee7b5d999610a3890396581435cc205.JPG

Never saw it before. I was always worried about flexing at the bottom corner, that is where I see the tears in the body when they go. Give it a whirl. 6 inches of extra clearing is a ton. Just try a 36 vs 42 inch blower and its a big difference! Give it a whirl. The only problem I see is when there is a lot of snow you will have to slow down some more, and it will not clean all the way down. I have a boulder retaining wall on my driveway so it would be a problem. If you just boarder grass it would be worth a try! By the way, they are made up very well. If it were me, I would put a second set of straps on the inside to combat the force rather than just hanging them on the side...