Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New B-110 Day

pungo

mini-allisfirst 003.jpg

mini-allisfirst 004.jpg

mini-allisfirst 002.jpg

Been looking for an Allis, brought one home Saturday. Engine runs great, no smoke,but need a little choke to smooth it out,looks like carb work.The lift handle is a bear to operate,anyone faced this?Deck is in great shape, color is a little off, I quickly put it to mowing.Looks like Sandy Lake has the best price on seat cushions, I'm ordering tomorrow. Is this the whole thing with the wood base and back or just cushions you somehow install.I hope to get this one in better shape than my 2010,after mowing season.

mini-allisfirst 005.jpg

57e0580d561e2_mini-allisfirst003.jpg.1386fc80c0e2921f03794766f7d4bfb5.jpg

57e0580d6876f_mini-allisfirst004.jpg.3210d04bc43579aa89ecb23957480312.jpg

57e0580d78911_mini-allisfirst002.jpg.8c00c5bafc3dbdc2897fdf0523e186dc.jpg

57e0580d9146f_mini-allisfirst005.jpg.c882e1f7badc1350f81ddc3571e50942.jpg

Phil,

Did you try adjusting the carb with the little knob ( main jet ) on the bottom front of the carb bowl? You may just need to turn it out a little to make it richer. Unless the carb is leaking badly, or the float is sticking, I don't try to re-build them.

The seats from SLI are complete with wood and tee nuts. Nice units.

Nice find! First thing I would do is remove that muffler pipe. If the front of the tractor hits something its likely to break the engine block casting. It also does not appear there is anything supporting the pipe so the vibration may wear out the threads in the block.

Thanks Jim, I think its sucking air at the connection with the first elbow,not sure there is even a gasket in. Going to pull the engine to check for rat mess under the shroud and help facilitate cleaning/lubing everything. No slop in steering components or axles but turning the wheel is difficult. That rockshaft/lift arm is bothering me,cant understand why its so tight.

She looks rough but everything is still mechanically good which is why I paid a somewhat premium price of 400 dollars, BGB,motor,and front end. I'd like to do this one right and will probable have a million dumb questions,thanks for any help!

Yeah Chris that muffler is on my short list,I need one of them new Nelsons that fella is working on.Ugly as it is sure sounds quiet!Just a thousand things to start with when you get a new one,but real excited for a new project on a worthy candidate.